Schedule a Visit

Let us know when you'd like to schedule a visit!

About

Our beautifully renovated, historic building features both residential units and two floors of commercial space. Residents enjoy a rooftop dog park, theater room, exercise room, hardwood floors, washer & dryer in unit, and feature high efficiency heat and air conditioning. Pets under 25 lbs are also welcome in all units.
History
The Residences at Capital Center is comprised of three buildings that were combined in 1986. This renovation converted the three buildings from separate department stores into one large office building, which maintained the buildings’ architectural and historic integrity while also adding modern touches such as the open atrium and glass elevator.
The North Pearl Street-facing building was originally built in 1861 by the Architectural Iron Works of New York, and is the only remaining cast-iron fronted building in Albany. The 1870’s saw the building house the Folsom Business School, which was the precursor to today’s Bryant & Stratton. In the 1880s it became the home of the B.W. Wooster Furniture Company, which remained until 1888. At the turn of the century, Julius Saul moved his clothing store, Saul’s, from Troy to North Pearl Street,  and added the top floor.